Sunday, April 21, 2013

Polka Dots and Roses


Mom's polka dot skirt worn as dress // Romwe tattered rose sweater // Kimchi Blue cap toe wedges (UO)

I was super excited to get this sweater on a special sale a while ago since it looks so similar to the Wildfox rose sweater! My mom says that it looks hobo-esque, but I rather like the destroyed details of the sweater. :) Plus, I love how it's slightly sheer so you can still see the polka dots underneath. I often "borrow" my mom's clothes, but unfortunately a lot of them don't fit quite right so I end up wearing them in other ways, like this skirt as a dress. Too bad I can't really figure out what to do with the jackets that are too big. And I think this bow used to be a belt or sash for the skirt, but I like wearing it as a bow. Recently I've been having a slight, read major, obsession with bows. From actual bows to bow prints, they're so cute! I really want a bow print dress or something now!

xoxo, Elly

12 comments:

  1. I love love love that rose sweater, Elly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! the shoes are wonderful too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you utilize your mom's clothing like you do! I would have never guessed that top wasn't meant to be a dress. You wear it so well!

    Also, oh man oh man those SHOES! They're just the perfect shape and color. Kind of reminds me of a modern day pink Cinderella, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super cute! i'm obsessed with those wedges that you're rocking.

    xoxo,
    alicia // river city chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that sweater! i have the same one :D just wore it in my most recent outfit post

    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. woh i don't realize it's a skirt until you mention it ahhaa lovely top and a veryy cute bowtie ahha <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love borrowing (more like stealing, let's be hoenst) my mom's clothes! It's all such classic stuff that can be re-worn a million ways! Sometimes you have to get creative with the sizing, but that's half the fun! Very creative! I love the distressed look of the sweater with the sweet prints, and how you tied the sash like that! Umm, I'm always bow obsessed. Not a crime. Hope you're having a great week!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! I have a sweater like that, soooo comfy! i thought about getting that one too, love it on you and i love the polka dots underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! I love the way that sweater puts an edgy twist on an otherwise girly piece.

    Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you want ease and comfort and affordability then you can have this Christian Louboutin Mens Sneakers in your closet, and without burning much more money of your total pocket. http://www.clsneakersmall.com
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Red Sheepskin Red Spike High
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Red White Sheepskin Red Spike High
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Spikes Multicolor Flat Black

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read every one. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...