Thursday, January 2, 2014

Influenster Violet VoxBox


Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo // Sally Hansen New Triple Shine Nail Color // Dark Chocolate Cherry SOYJOY // Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa Masque // Goody Athletique Headband

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great holiday. :) I recently received some products to try out in the Violet VoxBox from Influenster, so today I'll be doing some reviews below the cut.


Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo: $5.99
I was really excited to try this since I've never used dry shampoo before. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me as the dry shampoo felt heavy and made my hair feel stiff. I also don't think it made my hair look much cleaner than it was originally.


Sally Hansen New Triple Shine Nail Color: $4.99
Haha, this is a bit embarrassing, but I have yet to try this nail polish because I can't seem to twist open the bottle. I'm usually okay at opening things like water bottles, but this was especially tough. It's too bad since I do like the color, called Dive In. I don't think many other people had troubles opening the bottle so feel free to try it out if interested. Here are reviews on the product from other Influensters.

Dark Chocolate Cherry SOYJOY: $0.99
Ah, SOYJOY brings back memories. My mom bought a ton of SOYJOY bars a couple years ago, so I used to eat them all the time. SOYJOY is an all-natural, gluten free snack bar made with non-GMO soybeans and real fruit pieces. Some people don't like the "healthy" taste of SOYJOY, but I personally really enjoy SOYJOY bars. They're also pretty filling, so they make good diet snacks.

Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa Masque: $2.49
This mask felt really nice and refreshing. It's really easy to apply and not very messy. The only thing is that some people might find the mask to be too big, but that shouldn't been a problem if you trim the mask before putting it on.

Goody Athletique Headband: $6.00
I wear headbands every day at home, so I was excited to get another headband in the Violet VoxBox. The Goody Athletique Headband was effective at keeping my hair out of my face, but I'm used to using hard headbands, so it felt a little strange using a fabric one. This headband is meant to be used during exercise, and I was worried that the headband might not stay on properly. I haven't done any intense exercise using the headband yet, but I tried jumping around with it on, and the headband stayed on fine. 

xoxo, Elly

2 comments:

  1. So do those SOYJOY bars contain nuts? Because if they don't then they would sound like the perfect snack for me! I can't eat wheat or nuts without my stomach going crazy and have been looking for healthy snacks to carry around with myself on campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you said you "tried jumping around" with the headband on and it stayed fine- HA! Soft fabric headbands are nice because you can even sleep in them, if you so choose, also you avoid those pinching headaches that headbands can give sometimes.

    Dry shampoo is tricky- but I definitely use it to stretch out clean hair in between washes. My tip is to spray it in your hair and sleep on it, that usually gets it rubbed in pretty good. Thanks for the reviews!

    perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read every one. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...